Monday 26 November 2018

Home made bread.




A little off topic but I was so pleased with how these came out and how satisfying it was to make bread a sustainable and more environmentally friendly way.  (I have been following Rob Greenfield and been inspired)

I made the rolls without a bread maker, in a bowl using my hands and also didn't use any cling film or pastic wrap to prove the bread.  Just next to a warm radiator with a tea towel over the top. (tall cups can be used to keep the cloth from touching the bread as it rises). 

It was a simple recipe - flour, water, oil, margarine, yeast sugar and salt, kneaded for 7 mins, divided into rolls sprinkled with sesame seeds, proved in the tin for 40 mins and cooked for 20 mins.

It was yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

People at Amarna

I have recently listened to an excellent lecture by Chris Naunton  People at Amarna  -  which is about the ancient city of Ahketaten; the ar...