Tuesday 12 December 2017


Its been a while - I've got a bit of catching up...


We've moved to Somerset and had a son - who is now a very busy toddler - bless him.
 
At last I have some time to take up my needle and hook and add new things to my Etsy shop 'CraftyFoxCorner -


https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/577770999/bastet-cute-hand-sewnhand-embroidered?ref=shop_home_active_2
 

Felt Bastet Broach - Ancient Egyptian protector Goddess of the home.
I have used golden/metallic embroidery thread on the ear and for the collar and Ankh sign round the neck.  Bastet is spelt out in hieroglyphs on the card.  The hieroglyph for cat is written next to the broach here.


https://img0.etsystatic.com/206/1/9932473/il_570xN.1376580850_aujl.jpg

Felt Anubis Broach 
Felt Anubis Broach - Ancient Egyptian protector of the Pharoah's tomb - this broach was influenced by the statue found in Tutankhamun's tomb.
Again I used golden thread for the collar and ear. The hieroglyphs are Anubis (on card) and 'dog' (below)


My crochet patterns


 Applique woodland animals



Work in progress - watch this space


  • Nefertiti Broach -Inspired by the famous bust found in Amarna and is now in Berlin.
  • Lucky Cat key ring - Japanese Maneki Neko fortune cat.


No comments:

Post a Comment

People at Amarna

I have recently listened to an excellent lecture by Chris Naunton  People at Amarna  -  which is about the ancient city of Ahketaten; the ar...